Getting Low Cost Auto Insurance without sacrificing Value
Finding good quality auto insurance at an affordable price may seem like a dream, but it’s really not all that hard. You don’t have to choose between saving money with a cheap auto insurance policy and getting a good value with top auto insurance companies. Following these tips can help.
- Understand the different levels of coverage. To narrow it down, car insurance basically falls under these categories: Liability Coverage, Coverage for your vehicle, and Medical Coverage.
- Liability Coverage: This part of your premium covers Bodily Injury Liability, which provides coverage for bodily injury claims from the people you might injure in an accident; and Property Damage Liability, which covers any property damage to third parties — such as the damage your vehicle may do to another vehicle in an accident. This coverage is legally required in most states. It also covers medical care and lost wages for other drivers and passengers if you are found at fault in an accident. It is good to keep in mind, the type of vehicle you drive will affect your premium – Your premium may be higher if you drive an SUV for example, or a large vehicle that would likely do more damage to another vehicle on the road, than a smaller vehicle would.
- Coverage for your vehicle: This part of your premium is your comprehensive coverage and collision coverage. Collision Insurance covers losses to your car when you are involved in a collision and Comprehensive Insurance covers most non-collision physical damage to your car (if your car is damaged in a storm, or a windshield breaks, for example). Depending on the type of vehicle you’re insuring, these coverages are not state mandated; but it’s a good idea to have it on your policy. You should talk to your auto insurance broker about what type of coverage you need.
- Medical coverage: This part of your premium is not state mandated but is a good idea to carry on your policy. It is designed to cover any medical expenses for you, your passengers, and other drivers in the event of an accident.
- Shop Around
If your policy has just been renewed and your premium has gone up, consider doing car insurance comparisons. Working with an auto insurance broker to obtain quotes from numerous competing companies, can save you a lot of time and money.
Your insurance broker can also shop around for you every year or two, just in case there is a lower rate out there.
Remember though, that cheap doesn’t always mean good and going with the cheapest auto insurance quote isn’t always the best decision. Rates can vary dramatically from one provider to the next; so compare auto insurance quotes, also compare the levels of coverage, deductibles, etc. that the policy offers. Make sure you have enough coverage to protect you and/or your family.
- Ask your agent or broker about discounts
Many insurance companies offer discounts that can further lower your auto insurance cost. Some of those discounts might be:
- Vehicle Equipment
- Clean Driving History
- Drivers Education
- Driver Affiliations
- Customer Loyalty
- Multiple Policy*
- In some states, Good Credit
*It’s important to note, that bringing all of your policies, such as home/renters, auto, umbrella etc. together with one company, can really help you save. Talk to your insurance broker about getting a multi-policy discount and quoting all of your policies. You may be surprised how much you can save.
So think long and hard about what type of insurance coverage is needed. There are many different levels of coverage, and it can be confusing having to decide how much you need. Your auto insurance broker can guide you through that and help you find cheap full coverage auto insurance.
For more information please call 800-459-6060 or visit our website for free car insurance quotes online at: www.InsuranceBrokersGroup.com or Click HERE